click to view my base's website!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Here I am, Send me

Well guys, this is it. My last day in Canada.

It's so surreal that in around 18 hours I will be leaving for the airport to start my journey to Tauranga!! I have been getting all the last details sorted out and as of right now, I am officially, finally done packing! It's funny cause when I go to camp for 2 months, I bring 3 times as much stuff. haha

I'm feeling really good about this. I'm not nervous or anxious at all anymore. Right now in this moment, I feel complete peace. God is bigger than all these little details. I was able to sell my van for $450!! -my van had been given to me by one of my really good friends, Katie Walker (who is actually in the Philippines on DTS for her outreach!) and so I didnt really want to sell it because she was so generous in giving it to me. But I really felt like I had been given this van to use it for His glory so I did ask money for it, but only $450 for the new winter tires I had for it, and other parts I had replaced in it but God was so good to me in this process. Only about 30 mins after I posted someone called and bought it and was happy with it. Praise God!!

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you to all my friends and family and the anonymous people who have financially contributed to me. Your kindness will not go unnoticed.  May He bless you as abundantly as he has blessed me!!!


And on that note, Yes, many people have generously donated but I am still in need of funds. I'm still needing about $2,500. I have until the end of March to get these so take your time and please pray about this. If you are feeling called to give, there are many different ways of getting money to me:

1.Interac e-transfer. If you have online banking, transferring money to me is SO easy.  I actually would prefer this way. All you need is my name, Desirae Karperien, and my email, desiraekarperien@gmail.com . You would log onto your online bank account, find interac e-transfer (it will be called this with any bank), and it will ask you for the amount, my name and email and also to set a security question that only I would be able to answer (something easy and straight forward!). I would then get a notification email, and be able to click a link and accept your money that way! Incredibly easy. 


2. Check- made out to me, Desirae Karperien, or my mom, Karen Karperien, given to my mom and she will deposit it straight into my account. If you need to get ahold of her, our home number is 403 271 6212.

3. Cash- can also be given to my mom to deposit for me. 
 


Thank you also to the people who have donated supplies to me!! Rebecca for the hiking backpack, Kelly for the duffle bag, and Leah for making me a skirt!

_______________________________________________________________________________


Anyways, the next post from me will be coming from Tauranga, NZ! So long Canada! 

1 comment:

  1. Desirae I am so glad you are feeling peace. May God give you continued strength, peace and good health as you travel. My heart and my prayers are with you. Much, much love, Pat

    ReplyDelete