click to view my base's website!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

He is our strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.

It's March 14th and we are halfway through DTS (including outreach)! Crazy to think that my time away from home is halfway over. I have really mixed feelings about this because it is so completely amazing here and I feel like I never want to leave.. But at the same time I miss everyone from home and cannot wait to see everyone again and hug you all. In saying that, I have really been trying to make the most of every moment I have here.

This week our speaker is Frank Naea, a well known YWAM speaker and 'elder' here in New Zealand. Like a few of my friends who know him have said, Frank is the man. Each day of this week has been really unique and hilariously fun.

From Monday to Wednesday afternoon, we had 15 people from a DTS in Auckland come and stay with us! They came primarily to hear Linda Cowie (one of the founders of this base and an amazing pioneering woman of God) speak to them. It was an incredible blessing to have them here with us. The base was SO full and there were lots of dishes (haha) but it was up there in the best days here at the base. On Tuesday we did something really cool. Instead of sitting and listening to a lecture, we gathered as separate DTS's and prayed and asked the Lord how we could bless the other base, and they did the same for us.

So we prayed for about 10 minutes and then shared what we felt the Lord was telling us, and then we brainstormed and expanded those ideas. What I got was a picture of their DTS gathered in the centre and our DTS was standing around them in a circle praying for them. I also saw a picture of a big bon fire and everyone singing and just having a good time around it.

A few other people got the same pictures as I did, or similar, and some people for some different ideas too. So we compiled them all together and we ended up praying over them just like I had seen, singing Maori songs for them, and we had a bon fire that night with them, sang songs, shared stories, ate marshmallows, and YES, we did star tip!!! (for all of you who know what that is) :) Then we ended the night with going to see the glow worms on our way up from the valley, and when we got back up to the base, we were greeted by the most beautiful starry night sky I have ever seen. It was the most bright stars I have ever seen!!! Thank you Jesus!

Here's what they did for us.

They seated us all in the dining area and slowly they all came in with buckets of warm soapy water and towels. They washed our feet and prayed for us. What an amazing, humble thing to do. I was so honoured and blessed that I couldn't help but tear up... I couldn't believe that them, as the guests at our beautiful base, were washing OUR feet. Wow.









That same day I got to go and help the passion fruit farmer with his fruit! We basically just weeded.. but still.  A passion fruit farm! Pretty much in our backyard! there is also a kiwifruit farm right beside it but it's not time for that yet.

Yesterday was another really awesome day filled with Samoan dancing taught by Frank, car washing for work duties, and outreach meetings (which are always hilarious.)

And I thought I would leave you with a picture I took of the beautiful New Zealand morning sun beaming through the ferns and trees as I walked down into the valley...

God Bless.

Desirae
desiraekarperien@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment