click to view my base's website!

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Well, just when I thought my time couldn't speed up anymore, it did. ha!

I've had a lot of really, really good days lately. God has been moving in big ways in me, through me, and in our school!! Every day I learn something else or experience something else that just blows my mind. We can't put God in a box because He is bigger and better than anything we could ever get from this world.

This week was absolutely crazy. It was a really hard week with the topic being Spiritual Warfare, and by far the longest week for me, but looking back on it, spiritually, probably the best week so far! I learned something big this week- something that I struggled with all through my life, mostly in high school. There's a quote by a man by the name of Jeremy Begbie, "The secret is not to retreat but to discern." I have always disliked when Christians separate themselves from the world and just isolate themselves in their own little world. So I have never been one to remove myself from the ways of the world, but to participate in them thinking that I would gain knowledge from my experiences.

I learned a big lesson. There is a huge difference between removing yourself from the world (which is unbiblical) and discerning yourself while being a part of the world. I learned that we as Christians can be in this world, without being of it. God created this world for us to live in and to reach all corners, far and wide. He didn't say for us to isolate ourselves and just be Christians in our own little boxes, but to go and reach the oppressed and BE Jesus to the non-believers.


A few exciting things that I've done over the past couple weeks: stayed overnight in a traditional Marae, a Maori meeting place where traditionally, they would all sleep and live! Learned lots about the Maori culture and the history of it. So cool!



This is looking into the Marae from the front door- we all slept on the floor in here!


Also, my mom sent me a big package with a lot of stuff from home that I dearly missed. One of those things being Tim Hortons coffee! So she sent me a can of coffee grounds and a few cups from Timmies. :) Made me so happy mom! Thank you!! And you know whats cool? Everyone here knows what Tim Hortons is now. There are people here from 11 different nations. Yeeeaaa Canada!!



Also, last weekend I had another opportunity to go sailing! We sailed around and had lunch on an island :)

This is Part of our sailing group! Left to right- Stian from Norway, Jenessa from Pennsylvania, Me, and Espen from Norway! The sand here is like sinking sand- so squishy. We had fun. haha!


This weekend we started 24/7 prayer in what we call the 'God Pod' (just a small portable room outside of the centre). We have been interceding for our outreach teams and the countries that we are each going to. So basically if you dont know how 24/7 prayer works, we each have 2 hour shifts that we sign up for so that there are always people in there praying, 24/7. We started two days ago and we are going to be doing this every weekend now! God has spoken loudly and clearly to us in there and is continuing to give us scriptures, words, pictures, etc, for each outreach team. I have never been involved in something like this and it just fascinates me how our little sacrifices of time mean so much to God, and he takes that a multiplies it. It's awesome.

It's March 4th here and its crazy to believe that I will be leaving on outreach to Papua New Guinea and Fiji in just over a month! The ball keeps rolling with the planning and organizing.. Our flights are now booked and we are continuing to figure out the details and budget. As of now, I have a large need for money. I am short approximately $3,000 as our flights were much more that we thought, having to travel during easter and since we are going to such remote places, some of the flights are rare and expensive. Having said that, God has never left me with nothing and I will get there one way or another. I have no doubt that I will get the money.

Our God tells us to call on our brothers and sisters and work with each other, so here I am, calling to you and asking that you would a) join me in prayer for our team and b) give. I have experienced for myself that with the small amount that I give, God takes that and multiplies it. He honours us when we give with glad hearts and blesses us abundantly in return. I pray that you would decide to be a part of my journey through prayer and giving money.

Thank you to those who have been praying and have given to me. I have seen the results of your faithful hearts and look forward to seeing more and I hope you do too! God is doing HUGE things in our world! Are you ready?

I send my love and prayers and may He continue to bless you and keep you.

P.S. Email me! I would love to hear from you. desiraekarperien@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment