click to view my base's website!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Narnia!

For all you non-facebookers, this is for you!

Just had to post about my day yesterday before I forgot.

Yesterday we took a 3 hour road trip north along the coast up to the Coromandel peninsula. There we went to a beach called Hot Water Beach where what you do is you bring a shovel, you dig a hole in the sand, and hot water bubbles up and it forms a natural hot tub! then just a few steps away is the NZ ocean so you can run back and fourth to cool off, then get warm again. It's such a crazy concept... there are even spots in the ground that are way too hot to step on! So during low tide, the beach is full of people who have dug their holes and are lounging in their personal hot pools. So great.

This is one side of the beach- unfortunately you cannot see where people were digging holes in this picture.. sorry. But this is where it is.



This is a picture of me and a few of my friends (L to R) Stian, me, Janessa, and Hannah standing in a shallow hot pool we helped dig. We hadn't changed yet but after that we got in our bathingsuits and got in :)












Then we left the Hot Water Beach and continued on 5 minutes over to Cathedral Cove! This is where one of the opening scenes in Narnia: Prince Caspian was filmed!


 This is me at Cathedral Cove!


And this is Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy and Cathedral Cove!

So anyway I just thought I would share that with you before I forgot..

Cheers friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment