click to view my base's website!

Monday, December 26, 2011

and it begins..

I'll start by saying that I'm new to this so bear with me!
As some of you may know, I'm flying from the homeland in January 2012 to start a 5 month DTS (Discipleship Training School) with YWAM (Youth With a Mission) to Tauranga, New Zealand! This blog is something that I would really like to try and keep up for all of my friends and family who are currently and will be supporting me either through prayer, encouragement and funds (or all three ;) ). I'm so excited to tell all my stories of what God is doing in my life and what I'm up to and I hope you are looking forward to hearing cause its going to be crrraazzzzyy!!
Firstly, for those of you who have never heard of DTS's through YWAM- here's the low down. For three months I will be living in community with other people around my age. We have guest speakers come and we we will be listening to lectures, experience God and grow with him, participate in weekly local outreaches, be challenged past our limits and fulfill work duties. For the remaining 2 months we will sail on a ship to the Asian- Pacific islands (specific locations arent confirmed until a little while into lecture phase) and reach the unreachable... loving on people and helping out however and wherever we can with the resources we will be given!  The DTS I have chosen has a Medical- Sailing focus which means that during lecture phase, we will be trained to give free health care on outreach and help with simple surgeries like cataract eye surgery, and dental work! As the base is on the east coast of the north island, we will also do some sailing training before we leave for outreach.
Having that said.. God has placed this opportunity in my life to make him known. It is an incredible chance for me to live out my passions and seek the ones in need and be Jesus' hands and feet. I hope you are as stoked as I am!! If you have taken the time to read this and would like to be involved in some way.. message me on facebook or comment or something on this (I honestly am way too new to this blogging thing) because I would love to answer any questions you have and encouragement is always welcomed!
Blessings!
Desirae

No comments:

Post a Comment