click to view my base's website!

Monday, December 26, 2011

swimming against the tide//update

A quote from the book, 'Against the Tide' by David Cowie who is the founder of Marine Reach Ministries, an organization that we will be working with on DTS.
"Sometimes it takes just sheer 'grit' and raw 'courage' to get the job done. There can be nothing more terrifying than a raging storm, on a black night, in a small ship. Yet, deep within the human spirit there lies an ability to rally in the most difficult of circumstances. The pioneer swims against the tide attempting the impossible and challenging the normal."
The question is, are YOU willing to swim against the tide? Will you persevere even in the face of discouragement and failure?
In Hebrews it tells us to throw away everything that hinders and the sin that gets in the way, and just run with perseverance, the race that has already been marked out for us. This is simply my mission as I leave to New Zealand and continue on to wherever the Lord calls me to go for outreach.
______________________________________________________________
24 Days until I leave. This is just over three weeks and it still seems like time is flying by. Lots of people have been asking me how I feel and if I'm excited. Yes, I am very excited!! But these emotions are accompanied by many others like a pile of anxiety. I have had an enormous amount of anxiety over the past few weeks and it has been hindering my ability to just have faith that God will provide, and carry on.
I got word from the Lord through a friend the other day that encouraged me and lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders. Yesterday afternoon I was at an event and a few of my friends there offered to pray for me and let the holy spirit set me free from these feelings. It just brings tears to my eyes to know that there are so many people that love me and support me through this all. Praise God!!
I hope you are as excited as I am and thank you to everyone who is praying for me, to the people who have already supported me financially, encouraged me, and anyone who has taken the time to read this.I truly feel the support and love in so many ways.
May he continue to bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment